Cross Flow Packed Bed Scrubbers
Operating Principle :
• Contaminated air moves horizontally through a packed bed .
• It is irrigated /wetted by scrubbing liquid flowing down through the packing
• Mass transfer achieved by a combination of diffusion , physical absorption and /or chemical reaction
• Gas collection efficiencies a function of
• Irrigation rates.
• Packing depth .
• Composition of Recirculating scrubbing liquids.
• Low recirculation scrubbing liquid rates.
• High volume air flow .
• Low pressure drops .
• Ideally suited for congested place Installations or where headroom is limited
• Supplied inbuilt with recirculation tank .
• System Centrifugal fan can be connected directly to the scrubber outlet saving space and cost.
• Combined flexibility of efficient removal of gas , liquid or solid contaminants from air streams .